Enhancing the platform design and functionality for itradenetwork's signature quality application
- The quality platform was not optimized to a great user experience and users often were unable to successfully complete items and required a high touch training and learning context.
- The platform will be easier to use and will reduce problems needing higher level of customer service encounter
User Experience and Product Design Professional
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, their technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Role & Project Summary
- Easy to use platform that streamlines existing functionality for better usability
- The platform actions needed to be streamlined and the approach to how new features were added needed to be clarified
- We believe that users will be able to use the platform in a more efficient manner once the platform's UI is enhanced with better usability
- Project Goals:
- Reduced need for customer service calls
- Increased customer satisfaction
- The general consensus from the team who regularly interacted with clients was that the functionality that was built into the existing platform (which was relatively new) was fine - it was just the complexity of how it worked
- The decisions we made on how best to move forward with the new design were not confirmed by user testing at the time of my departure from the project
- Since I was only here a short time as a gap between when a designer left and when the new team of 2 designers could start, the time I had to explore user research and testing was limited.
- Instead I relied on information given to me by team members who spoke to clients regularly and whatever I could piece together from the previous person in the role who had just left
- The idea was that we would build out a concept that the new team could move forward on validating and building, so this was not part of the scope of my work