HP Access Catalog: App Management
- As part of the HP app store concept, this explores managing applications in the storefront
- While building the HP Access Catalog platform, we realized we needed a way to manage applications that currently on the platform
User Experience and Product Design Professional
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, their technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Role & Project Summary
- Platform managers would be able to manage applications currenly on the platform
- Administrators can manage the apps currently on the platform
- Administrators should easily be able to manage the apps on their platform
- Administrators need a separate way to manage and add applications to the catalog
Individual Color Detail
- Edit Palette
Emailed Palette Email Layout
At the beginning of my design process I created wireframes for testing purposes.
- Why was it useful to do this?
- What kind of wireframes did you make?
- Low fidelity or high fidelity?
- What tool did you use for this?
- Did you use them for testing?
- How many iterations did you have?
- Managing the apps was a key component to how this was going to work. SInce this was going to be sold as a self service enterprise platform, the idea that you could add and manage your own apps became a key functionality that we were basically told we need to build to make it a marketable product
- How were we going to handle multiples of the same app - weather it be for different platforms or the need for different versions to be available to the end user
- We addressed this in the component design to be able to handle multiples of any app